At work today we had a Halloween potluck and costume party! The catergories to win two movie tickets were best group and best individual. As part of the accounting group and part of the Delta team, I was in a tough spot to decide whos group to dress up as!
But ALAS! I found the perfect costume that solved my problem:
Bowser for Delta dressed as Mario characters:
A Rat for Accounting dressed as Rats and an exterminator!:
Its weird because sometimes I feel self concious about strange things. I don't usually worry about what people think about me but sometimes I get nervous around people I don't know too well. I don't know why I was nervous to walk around with this costume on in the office that I work in everyday!
Its silly that we sometimes underestimate ourselves. I love the part in the movie Enchanted when the prince is asked "Sire, do you...like yourself?" in which he replies: "Whats not to like!" Why is it that we don't all have that confidence? Or at least why does it sometimes take a few hours to become comfotable with ourselves in certain situations? Why would it be so difficult for me to walk up to someone and introduce myself?
I suppose that its good we aren't all completely confident with ourselves or else what would we have to learn? And how boring would that be if we always knew what everyone was going to be like before we even met them? Maybe we should all try to take a little extra time to get to know people we associate with instead of shying away. I suppose our Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he created us all so differently!
No comments:
Post a Comment