Lets see, I actually don't remember the first time I met Kyle because it was way back in the beginning of 1998. I was 8 and Kyle was 10.
I have a lot of faint memories of hanging out with the Gonthier family. They were in our ward in Redlands CA and so I'm guessing that the friendship was formed some time during church between our parents.
Gonthiers: Gerard, Tracey, Kyle, Trevor, Mallory, Kassidi, Devin
Jarvis': Jim, Sandra, Angela, Kayla, Colin, Jereme, Aubree
Our parents, being the geniuses that they are, devised a plan to have each of us eventually marry the kid our age in the other family, therefore creating only one set of in-laws that they had to deal with for the rest of their lives.
We used to do all kinds of crazy things with the Gonthiers. Our favorite and most prominent memory though is when Kyle and Trevor would come over and we would create haunted houses in me and Angelas bedroom and then force our parents and siblings to go through the 'very scary' haunted houses. Aww the good ol' days...
In August of 2000 the Gonthier parents decided it would be best for them to move across the country to live in Missouri. Now, while I can say I wasn't in love with Trevor (my betrothed) or Kyle (my future hubby) at this point in time, this dear family had come to be important and special friends to me and I was sad to see them go. Luckily, our parents had formed an inseberable bond, determined to be in-laws someday!
So thats what brings us to June 2003. My family of 7 hopped on a plane and flew the 3 hour flight to Missouri. Our tummies nervous with anxiety to see our long lost friends! We arrive late at night and as tradition has it, we stop at Fritz's (the best ice cream shop) on the way to the Gonthier residence. This is always a good way to get reunited and reacquainted with each other. Food has a way of bringing friendships back!
We had a wonderful time in MO. We went and saw lots of exciting things, one of which included the St Louis Arch:

Awww!! Look how cute we are! I don't remember many more specifics of this trip, just that I had a lot of fun and I really didn't want to go home! I knew I would miss my friends but I guess vacations can't last forever!
To be continued... (yes this is a long story)

I am so glad you have a blog, Kayla- you crack me up! My blog is shayandcoop.blogspot.com if you want to come visit!:-)
ReplyDeleteYay for blogs!! I'll send you invite to mine now too :) I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I know I've heard it before but it's such a good story!!
ReplyDelete