November 30, 2010

The Letters - Viva Las Vegas (West Mission)

Ok, I know I have been doing a lot of updating but I want to be able to write about other things too! So I am trying to finish it up today!
So Kyle just left on his mission and I sent my first letter...
There are so many things that I could say about the letters we wrote. I have all of my letters saved in two 1 inch 3 ring binders! I love those things! I used to pull those out and read them like a book when I was bored. Kyle saved most of the letters. I'm guessing a few got lost throughout all the moves and such but he also put them all in a 3 ring binder and saved them! That made me very happy! (although some of them are still saved on my computer anyway...)
Las Vegas is not that far away so the least amount of time that it took to get a letter back was 6 days. example: I send a letter on Monday (day 1). Kyle gets it on Wednesday (day 3). He sends one on Thursday (day 4). I get it on Saturday (day 6). Now, the majority of the time that did not happen but I will admit that as soon as the 6th day hit, I was at the mail box. And then I went to the mailbox everyday until I got a letter. Then the cycle would start all over again! Some days when I was desperate, there may have been 3 or 4 trips to the mailbox and some days I would bribe my siblings to go check the mail again!
OH! I just remembered a funny story. So this one time it had been about 3 weeks since I had gotten a letter. That was a little bit longer than normal so I was dying to get one! My sister Aubree went and got the mail that day. She comes into my room (I was totally playing it cool like I hadn't noticed she went to the mail box) when she walks in my room, casually says, "Kayla you got a letter!... (my face lights up and I smile real big when she says) ...Its from Chase."
Now for anyone that didn't make the connection. Chase is not a nick name, nor a secret lover that I had at the time. No Chase is my bank and 'He' was sending me my monthly statement. Talk about a major let down. And man, what a terrible thing for my sister to do to my heart! Haha... but luckily I was not mad at her and I was able to laugh at it...
One time I got a letter that included a "Dating Application" there were about 100 questions that ranged from "Do you know how to cook?" to "How many boys have you kissed?" to "What is your ring size?" to "When would you be availiable to start dating?" I thought this was pretty funny but my family, now they got a real kick out of this application. So one night we all sat down and together we filled out this application. It was pretty funny! I will list a few other questions from the application:
  • Does your dad own a gun?
  • Can your siblings be bribed?
  • What kind of cars do you like?
  • How many years of college have you completed?
  • Describe your perfect honeymoon:
  • Can you sew?
  • How many kids do you eventually want to have?
  • List some of your favorite date ideas:

Etc... I think you get the point! Needless to say, it was awesome!

Now, some of you may be wondering when I realized I liked him or loved him. If you had asked me this question while we were writing this would have been my answer:

Do I like him? As much as you can like a person through pieces of paper, ya I like him. Do I know if I will date him? I don't know... he could be totally different in person than he is on paper. Didn't I know him before his mission though? Ya but the last time we talked had been a year before and he could be a totally different guy! Well, I think you get the point. I liked the Kyle on the paper but wanted to make sure I liked the real thing! As for the 'love' part, I'll let you know when that part of the story comes!

So Kyle got home November 4th 2009. My parents flew with me to Missouri on November 13th to visit him... And that is what will be next!

  • Can you say "Awkward?"
  • Can you say "Boyfriend?"
  • The Proposal
  • PAIN!!
  • ???

1 comment:

  1. Dang you have been posting fast! I love this story Kayla! All of it! And I like how I remember some of it! I can't wait to read the rest becasue I left when you were still writing letters, and I didn't do the best job keeping up with you when you were dating... anyway! CAN'T WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete