Ok so we left off in June of 2003...
Over the next few years things like MySpace, Facebook, and cell phones would become huge competitors in the social contact world. It took me a while to get in to each of them but once I did I sought out long lost friends! (I only had a MySpace for a few months. My dad asked me to delete it cause of all the creepers out there. I figured that was a reasonable reason, so I did!)
I didn't join Facebook until I was a Junior in high school, it really confused me why I needed a place to look at everyones pictures. Now, its like my favorite thing to update my status with some clever saying! Anyway, I digress (which is something you will come to notice about me)
I didn't even think about finding the Gonthiers at first. It was only after reviewing my sister Angela's page (A.K.A. Facebook stalking her) that I rediscovered Trevor and Kyle.
Not that this was a significant step in either relationship... all it really did was make my friend count go up by two - at the time! Who knew that later these facebook friendships would become my lifeline to my future family-in-law.
(disclaimer: This is where the story gets sketchy (not really), detailed, and real long!)
So we come to July of 2006. I am now a dating, driving texting teenager! Very very exciting! My dear father was unable to come with us on this trip (sort of) we took a picture of him, blew it up a little bit and glued it to a piece of cardboard and named him Pappa. We took him everywhere with us on that trip! It was very fun! I wish I had a few pictures saved on my computer, but alas, I don't think that I do! My dear sister Angela was also not able to make it (at first) so we made her a mini-me as well!
This time around we decided to drive! its only a 22-24 hour drive so, no biggie! At this point in time my mom had become obsessed with her camera. So as she drove I began taking pictures of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! Construction cones, Billboards, run down houses, water towers, semi-trucks, road kill, grass, cows, clouds, etc... I must say that somewhere in between Oklahoma and Missouri we experienced THE COOLEST thunder storm I have ever seen. I'm not kidding, it was literally a circle of lightening all around us. Every where you looked you could see lightening! and plus, it was raining the whole time! Unfortunetly, the rain was annoying to drive in and my mom was tired so we were forced to stop and get some rest about 6 or 7 hours away from the Gonthiers. LAME!
Anyway, we got up the next morning and drove to the G's. We arrived I'd say around 4 O'clock-ish. Everyone was home but Gerard and Kyle. We sat around the table talking and having a good time! Gerard got home and joined in the fun! Then Kyle arrived not long after! I don't remember exactly but I'm sure we went to Fritz's that night!
So the next day I wake up and go upstairs. All the kids are in the family room watchin TV, so I join them! A few minutes later Kyle gets home from swim practice and he's wearing this crazy weird shirt! It looked as if he cut a hole from his arm pit all the way down to the hem at the bottom of the shirt, which is probably because thats exactly what he did! haha Well, not that it was much of a shirt to begin with, he took his shirt off. Then he asks, "Hey what do you guys want for breakfast?, Pancakes? Chocolate chip pancakes? Cool." So he goes and starts making pancakes. The whole time I'm sitting there thinking "That is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen. An 18 year guy makes breakfast for all of his siblings + my family. And not only are they pancakes, they have chocolate chips in them. AND he's not wearing a shirt!" That was the moment I fell in love! But not really love, I just thought it was super attractive!
Anyway, we decided to go to this place called the City Museum. I can not even begin to describe the awesome-ness of this place! Its like a giant playground for adults (and kids). All I can say is if you are ever in St Louis, you can not miss this adventure! (image from Google)
Well lets see, Kyle and Gerard had work so me and Trevor got to hang out the whole day... super fun! We had great time! Again, I wish I had pictures on here from that day!
After the museum I called Angela to tell her about the pancake incident. You see, Angela was betrothed to Kyle as you may recall and I found this to be a vital piece of information. She was so sad she wasn't there with us! We were sad about not having Ang and Dad with us. Dad still wouldn't be able to come cause of work but we ended up flying Ang out there that night! I was super excited! So with Gerard in the passenger seat, Trevor (with his permit) in the drivers seat and me and Kyle fearing for the safety of our lives, in the back, we drove to the airport to pick up my dear sister! Of course we stopped at Fritz's on the way home to bond over ice cream.
I warned you guys that this was a long story! and I have a very keen memory so yes, you will be getting all of the details!
Stay tuned to hear about a night alone, a trip to the water park and a trip to Nauvoo. =)
YAY!!! I love your story Kayla, and I love that you mentioned me in your blog! I feel famous! I totally remember when you came back in love with pancake man! SO CUTE! YAY!!!
ReplyDeletePlease do not wait so long for your next post, I am really enjoying this story and the cliff hangers are killing me! You are so cute and I am so glad you found such a wonderful guy! Married life is the GREATEST!!!
ReplyDelete