November 29, 2010

The Reuniting

First off, a couple weeks ago my sister cut my hair for me. I cut off about six inches. So I need about half the amount of shampoo/conditioner to wash it. The problem is that I keep forgetting that until I starting washing my hair... Anyway, I just thought I'd let you all know that!
So I know this is two stories in a day but I really want to get the whole story down!
At this point in time Angela is engaged to Greg to be married June 29th, so Kyle is totally free for the taking. Also Kyle was working on his mission papers. He would turn 19 on June 24, 2007. He turns in his papers and then a few weeks later gets his call. When he called our family to tell us, me and Angela were actually not there so we found out from my parents. He was called to serve in the Las Vegas West Mission. Nice. Only 6 hours away!
Well as many of you know, it is a common thing for girls to write missionaries in hopes to find your true love! Or just for fun. Plus it makes the missionaries feel pretty good about themselves! So Kyle left on October 31st 2007. I didn't go to his farewell (it was in MO), I hadn't talked to him since the previous December. I was a senior in high school. going on dates (not that many) going to dances, parties, ya know, the usual. Well, I had no intentions of writing Kyle. Apparently everyone else thought otherwise...
Day after day I was reminded that I needed to send Kyle a letter. And day after day I didn't. My mom actually wrote him more than I did! It was the first week of December when my mom got the letter. She had told Kyle that I didn't like my job (at Golden Spoon). He wrote back and said to tell me that I needed to suck it up. What a jerk! I had to write back and defend myself!
So for the next two weeks I tried to write a letter that said more than this:
"Kyle. I am not a wimp. I am allowed to not like my job because, it is boring. So take that."
My mom told me that it wasn't a good enough letter. I don't remember what it ended up saying but it was about one page long, nothing on the back. It took him about 3 weeks to right back (which is exceptable).
So now that you know how we were reunited after a year of no communication. I will end this post. Next post: The letters!
  • The Letters - Viva Las Vegas (West Mission)
  • Can you say "Awkward?"
  • Can you say "Boyfriend?"
  • The Proposal
  • PAIN!!!
  • ???

1 comment:

  1. HOW ON EARTH could you not like working at GS? That was the best job I ever and will ever have! Didn't you sit in back and eat it?! I dont see how that could be boring! HAHA

    ReplyDelete