January 30, 2012

Looking for better days...


We are broke.
So broke.
I hope they don't shut off our heat.
Then we would be broke and cold...

You know how sometimes, something feels so right that you must go through with it and when you don't then you regret it for a long time?
Well moving to Utah was right;
know that.
And I don't have that regretful feeling.

But Kyle still hasn't found a job.
And money doesn't grow on trees - trust me, I've looked!
He's had one interview and applied at so many places! (even places that he doesn't consider 'manly')
I wish Hobby Lobby had hired him: 10% discount for me? Love it!
But they didn't hire him so I guess I won't be getting that discount... bummer!

A very wise man once said:
"With any major decision there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now." - Jeffery R. Holland

So here I sit, taking this advice and just praying that someone will give Kyle a chance!
Bills don't pay themselves and people seem to lose a little more of their kind hearts each day that a bill goes unpaid.

Also by Jeffery R. Holland:
"We should honor the Savior's declaration to 'be of good cheer.' (Matthew 14:27) Indeed , it seems to me we may be more guilty of breaking that commandment than almost any other!"

I am trying to work on this and I can proudly say that I am doing so much better!
I am stressed, I can not deny that! And there are things that I want!
But I also can't deny how blessed that I am!
How could I not 'be of good cheer' when I start to list everything that my Father in Heaven has blessed me with?
And how He continuously blesses me even when I probably don't deserve it?

And so as we are stuck in the little rut that we are in, I look to my Savior for hope and I read quotes by Jeffery R. Holland and I leave you all with this:

"Just believing, just having a molecule of faith - that simple step, when focused on the Lord Jesus Christ, has ever been and always will be not only the first principle of His eternal gospel but also the first step out of despair."

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you are feeling. We were in that place just a few months ago. We had been living off savings after I had Abby and I stopped working. Kyle was looking everywhere for a job. We were praying so hard. Its hard to stay happy when you are so stressed. But with faith and prayer the blessings started coming. Heavenly Father humbled us until I felt he couldn't take us any lower, and now he has built us up more than I could have ever hoped. So keep being happy and faithful and the blessings will come. You are an awesome girl and I can tell you are such a sweet wife! Enjoy Utah!

    ReplyDelete