June 9, 2012

30 Cents, Mashed Taters and Foreign Chocolate

A couple weeks ago we had to pay an unexpected school bill. We're waiting on Kyle's loans to go through and had to pay out of pocket to reserve his spot in his classes. Our money resources quickly began to dwindle as the weeks went on. And now here, on this cool breezy Saturday afternoon in June, we are left with a mere .30 cents in our account. That's not really a problem since we have such wonderful family members who take care of us though! The problem is as follows:

My aunt sent us home with a bag of potatoes last night and today, I decided I must have some mashed potatoes! I have just finished whipping them up and they taste delicious! I decided to make some white gravy with them. White gravy takes 2 1/2 cups of milk... and we are almost out of milk! I don't know about yours, but our local grocer does not sell a gallon of milk for 30 cents. The good news is that the potatoes taste fine on their own!


Lastly, my dear friend is on her mission in Poland and for my birthday she mailed me some Polish chocolate. I have been saving some of it and decided today it is a good day for foreign chocolate! That might also have to do with the fact that my aunt also sent me home with some chocolate from Spain. Why do we in America have to live so far away from those delicious types of chocolate? Next time I am in spain, I'll be picking up a few pounds of chocolate bars to freeze and eat over the next few years.


So in the end, I guess it is a blessing that I get to enjoy a simple bowl of mashed potatoes eaten in between  a couple bites of foreign chocolate.

Or something like that...

In other news... Today marks two years of me being a temple going Latter Day Saint. I can hardly believe it has been two years since I first went through. I still remember my mom leaning over and whispering "Are you confused yet?" And walking into the celestial room to see my soon-to-be husband and parents and soon-to-be in laws and grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and friends. What a blessing temples are to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment