In October, this was our plan: Wait for 6 months to a year for Kyle to have his Associate Degree in Science from MCC. Apply for BYU showing that he had said degree. Get in to BYU and then move to Utah. Plans before this one had included moving to Utah now but those plans had not ended up working out.
One day in November (maybe last couple days in Oct) I received a call from my dear aunt. She wanted to see if me and Kyle were still planning on moving to Utah in January. I said "Not really, but I think it might depend on what you are about to tell me!" She said that there were some apartments in Orem that were looking for live in managers. She said she knew the owners son and thought it would be a really great opportunity to help us get through school.
So we weighed our options, made a pros and cons list, prayed, applied for the job, prayed, had a couple of interviews over the phone, prayed some more, and spent five VERY looong and stressful days waiting and waiting to hear if we got the position!
We did!
After celebrating a lot for this break out of AZ heat we began making plans to move because we needed to be there to Utah by December 18th (and it would have been sooner if we didn't need to finish our semester of school). We finished out November in our teeny tiny apt and then spent thanksgiving weekend packing and then moved ourselves in to my parents home.
At some point in November we went out to the desert. This is a family favorite activity and here are a few pictures from our adventure:
Jerm fire dancing
Mom and dad enjoying some smokes
Aubree curled up and warming by the fire
The Diggingest Dog
AKA : Tucker
Very nice...when do we get to see your new apartment?
ReplyDelete