February 25, 2012

Valentine's Day Tradition

Every year when I was a kid, I would come home from school on Valentines day to my bed made, a plate with a cookie on it and a balloon next to that plate. And the cookie always had my name on it - literally!
I always looked forward to Valentines day because it is the season of the best home made sugar cookies EVER! And having my bed made was fabulous.
Then I started getting older. And I guess the tradition kind of died out. So instead of getting the ballon and the made bed, I just ate more cookies! But I can't wait to have kids of my own because I will for sure be continuing that tradition.
Well last year we lived by my parents so cookies = yes. This year... I had to grow up a little and make some for myself. Turns out, it is a lot of fun! and I even made them just like my mommy does!


This was my attempt to make the edges more like hers... didn't go so well but I will practice!





These are ones my mother made two years ago... obviously they are better than mine but in my defense (1) she is my mom and her father was a baker (2) it was my first time and (3) my mixer was broken so my frosting is not mixed as well as hers mixes!



My present from Kyle will last me a whole year! Which I am pretty excited about:


He puffy painted it all by himself!



Pink heart milk ice cubes, whaaat? That's right! And they are awesome!


These next cookies are ones we made a few days later. Mine is the giant pizza cookie and Kyle's are the Psych ones.






No comments:

Post a Comment