My brother posted this on his FB... I love it!
A letter from a mom to her daughter (link here) on why she won't be allowed to read Twilight. Here is a little excerpt:
"Let’s just come right out with it: giving up your soul and abandoning your family because of your infatuation for an elderly, stalker that might accidentally drink your blood is never a good choice."
Can I be honest with you all?
When I first read this I didn't know it was about Twilight. So when I read 'elderly' and 'stalker' I thought it was referring to The Phantom of the Opera, and I freaked out a little! I love The Phantom!
But when I read the 'drink your blood' part I was like, "Oh, the phantom wouldn't do that so it's ok, he would still be a good choice"
When I first read this I didn't know it was about Twilight. So when I read 'elderly' and 'stalker' I thought it was referring to The Phantom of the Opera, and I freaked out a little! I love The Phantom!
But when I read the 'drink your blood' part I was like, "Oh, the phantom wouldn't do that so it's ok, he would still be a good choice"
Is that horrible that I have a secret desire to be seduced (by Kyle of course) and led down a tunnel with moving candles coming out of the wall while wearing a pretty dress, getting to ride a horse and go in a boat?
I remember the first time I saw The Phantom of the Opera. I was with my cousins and I was so enthralled by her voice. Then the tunnel and candle part came and me and my cousins were staring intently at the screen - it's so intense!
After the scene/song was over my Aunt Susan said "Girls, if a guy wearing a mask and a cape ever tries to lead you down a dark tunnel with candles while he is singing seductively to you, DO NOT GO WITH HIM!"
After the scene/song was over my Aunt Susan said "Girls, if a guy wearing a mask and a cape ever tries to lead you down a dark tunnel with candles while he is singing seductively to you, DO NOT GO WITH HIM!"
And all of us answered, "WHY NOT!?"
I mean, I would follow Kyle anywhere. But if he were to put on a half mask and cape, give me a pretty dress, sing to me seductively(?) and have a horse for me to ride, I'd be a fool to say no!
Someday I will see The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.
Or maybe I will be in The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway...
I could totally nail that high C.
Well, anyway, enough about mycreepy and odd obsession...
I was really going to tell you about making frozen chocolate bananas - with peanut butter!
I mean, I would follow Kyle anywhere. But if he were to put on a half mask and cape, give me a pretty dress, sing to me seductively(?) and have a horse for me to ride, I'd be a fool to say no!
Someday I will see The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.
Or maybe I will be in The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway...
I could totally nail that high C.
Well, anyway, enough about my
I was really going to tell you about making frozen chocolate bananas - with peanut butter!
And I had extra chocolate so I made 'thin mints'...
They are actually pretty good! I mean, don't expect an actual thin mint because you will be disappointed, but they are actually good and not as ridiculously expensive as girl scout cookies are now...
(Just ignore the crappy looking one... I had a little 'cracka meltdown')


Austin would puke if I made those banana treats (He HATES bananas) but I think they look great...maybe I'll make some and store them secretly at my mom's
ReplyDelete