There's this opening scene on Malcolm in the Middle where the dad needs a light bulb for a light in their kitchen. He starts looking in the cupboards and drawers.
First he opens a drawer and it squeaks as he opens it.
He runs out to the garage to get some WD 40 to stop the squeaky drawer.
When he picks up the can he realizes it's empty.
He runs inside, grabs the car keys and goes to start the car.
The car doesn't start.
He pulls out his tools and gets under the car.
A few minutes later the mom comes out and asks:
"Did you fix the light in the kitchen?"
And he yells:
"WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING??"
I loved that scene! And today, when I woke up craving No Bake Cookies I had no idea I was going to have a full day like that!
I loved that scene! And today, when I woke up craving No Bake Cookies I had no idea I was going to have a full day like that!
- Go to the kitchen to make myself some cookies
- I look at the sink and notice the pile of dishes form last night's dinner. (Why didn't I do them then?)
- Decide that since I now have to do dishes to make my cookies I should probably check my work email first and get that done before I indulge in some chocolate.
- There is only one email so I decide I should probably renew my add on Craigslist.
- About to get off the computer when someone drops off their rent.
- I write a receipt and decide I need to just update the rent roll right away
- While updating, my boss calls and asks me to make a deposit. So I go to the closet and prepare the deposit.
- While doing so I notice the rental application from a guy who still hadn't called me back. So I call and leave another message. Lame.
- While leaving the message I decide I need to text one of our other tenants about something.
- The text reminded me of a note I was supposed to put on someone's door.
- So I type up the note. I'm almost done with it annnnd...
- I realize that there is general notice I need to give to all my tenants that I should probably do before I give previously mentioned note.
- I type up the note and realize I probably should get dressed and look like a human before anyone see's me.
- Once I'm dressed I realize that I need to do my hair. I decide that doing hair is sometimes lame so I pull it up into a ponytail.
- Ponytails aren't always fancy. I decide I need some earrings.
- After putting on my (adorable) earrings I realize that without a little makeup, earrings seem over the top.
- I'm about to put on my makeup when I scream at the sight of my eyebrows in the mirror...
- I lean over to grab soothing off the other end of the counter and realize I need to clean my toilet. I grab the stuff and scrub it down!
- I then go to wash my hands and while doing so remember that the soap dispenser in the kitchen is out of soap and the bathroom one is going quickly.
- I go to the kitchen and fill up that dispenser when I see some juice spilled on the counter.
- I start wiping down the counters when I notice my hot pads are a little messy
- I take those to the laundry room and notice there are clothes in the dryer.
- I take the clothes out of the dryer and to my room.
- My room is like the dryer threw up. I need to clean it now!
- My stomach growls. Oh yeah, I'm hungry!
- I decide I want baked potatoes, but they take an hour and a half to cook!
- Then I decide they would be perfect for dinner tonight! I'll just throw them in the crock pot.
- The crock pot is in the sink with the other dirty dishes I was avoiding in the first place.
- I weigh my options of not starting the potatoes right then or having to come up with something else for dinner later.
- I wash the dishes.
- I prepare the potatoes.
- I pluck my eyebrows.
- I put on makeup.
- ......
Basically, As soon as I did the dishes, everything else fell into place!
Imagine that.


Kayla this was just great! I totally have days like that, and I love that you had a good enough memory to write it all down afterwards! Also the E-Card at the end was just perfect!
ReplyDeletelef gergalin!
Tara