July 11, 2012

Multiples of 3, Giants and Light

They say when bad things happen it comes in three's, but right now I feel like it comes more in multiples of three's... like in 9's or 99's.
When things are going bad I find quotes to  lift me up and encourage me. This time I went to my old journal from late 2009.
How is it that when things were going smoothly and life was easier I was so much stronger in my faith? I mean I was really good at writing in my journal and turning to the scriptures and prayer and just being positive that everything would work out. I guess it's just always more difficult to see that everything is ok when you can't seem to look past the issues.
So anyway, I found several quotes that I wrote in '09 that I believe maybe I wrote down for my future self - the me today! You bet cha I'm going to tell you all 4 of them!

"Individuals and families across the world are challenged by current conditions. While I believe there are serious challenges ahead, I also know it is a wonderful time to be alive... I see my children and grand children having full, satisfying lives even as they have challenges, setbacks and obstacles to over come. These are the days when prophecies are being fulfilled. We live in the dispensation of the fulness of times, which is the time to prepare for the Saviors return. It is also the time to work out our own salvation." ~Allan F. Packer

I wrote a little that day about my patriarchal blessing. I won't say what my PB says but I will say what I wrote about it:
"Right there I am promised that life will be hard, even devastating at times but I am also promised protection in the very same sentence. The Lord has a plan for each one of His children. He died for us; not so our lives would be perfect but so our lives would never be walked alone."

"Face your giants! Your Goliath doesn't carry sword or shield; He brandishes blades of unemployment, financial insecurity, doubt, depression and abandonment. He brings bills you cannot pay, a career you cannot escape, people you cannot please, a past you cannot shake and a future you cannot face. Your Goliath dominates your day and infiltrates your joy. He awaits you in the morning and torments you at night. If you focus on your giants, you will stumble! Focus on God; your giants will tumble! Giants, we must all face them but we need not face them alone." ~Rick Allen

I just think that it is so wonderful that we are so blessed to be so loved and cared for.

I can't even get in my car and make a quick run to the store right now because it probably won't start. And even if it did, I might not be able to get it back home. And I have no money to buy a new car and no job to get a loan and I am overwhelmed with apartment stuff - Why doesn't anyone want to move into these lovely apartments? - I have no idea! And even though some people think getting in the bath every two hours because your doctor says you should sounds great, I hate it!

But you know what? It's all going to be okay. It always is when we have faith, right? And lately things in my life seem to be powered purely by faith. I don't know how He does it but every time He does, I think "Man, why didn't I ask Him sooner?"
His love for me is unconditional. That ginormous telescope He has up there watching over me with can see so much more than I can! The peace I receive when I pray to Him is better than anything this world can bring. I only hope that I will continually strive to do better at remembering Him.

The message of this moment is so clear and as certain as the rising of the sun:
If your world is filled with darkness doubt or fear just hold on the light will come.
Everyone who's ever tried and failed, stands much taller when the victories won. Those who've been in darkness for a while, they kneel much longer when the light has come.
It's a lesson that everyone of us must learn that the answers never come without a fight; and when it seems you've struggled far to long, just hold on, there will be light.
If you feel trapped inside a never ending night,
Hold on if you've forgotten how it feels to feel the light
Hold on if you're half crazy thinking you're the only one who's afraid the light will never really come.
Just hold on, the light will come!
You're not alone, even though right now you're on your own, you are loved in ways that can't be shown, you're needs are known.
When you cry you're just letting go a heart ache deep inside for tomorrow there'll be sunshine in the skies and love close by.
And I know that it's not easy and I know that it won't last for the one who loves you more than me is sending blessings fast.
You're not alone.
Even when it's hard to find the words, your prayers are always heard.
If your world is filled with darkness, doubt and fear, just hold on the light will come.
~Micheal Mclean, Hold On - The Light Will Come



No comments:

Post a Comment