June 26, 2011

Spiritual Sunday: Ope! Time to pluck my beard!

The best part about my apartments is that I get to see that beauty there above quite frequently! I do enjoy seeing it every morning on my way to work! Certainly a great way to start the day!
So, here is my quote for the day:
Gordon B. Hinckley
"I come to you tonight with a plea that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we try to 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort. Now I am not asking that all criticism be silenced. Growth comes of correction. Strength comes of repentance. Wise is the man or woman who can acknowledge mistakes pointed out by others and change his or her course. What I am suggesting is that you turn from the negativism that so permeates our modern society and look for the remarkable good among those with whom you associate, that we speak of one anothers virtues more than we speak of one anothers faults, that optimism replace pessimism, that our faith exceed our fears. When I was a young man and was prone to speak citically, my wise father would say: 'Cynics do not contribute. Skeptics do not create. Doubters do not acheive.'"
I don't really have anything else to add. I think President Hinckley sums it up very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment