July 4, 2011

Our Flag Was Still There

"Liberty is the possibility of doubting, the possibility of making a mistake, the possibility of searching and experimenting, the possibility of saying 'no' to any authority - literary, artistic, philosophic, religous, social and even political."

I am thankful for this wonderful country we live in! It is our freedom that has allowed for many a great thing to come to pass over hundreds of years!
In church Sunday we sang our national anthem - what a wonderful blessing it is that we have a nation where politics and religion can come together. Where freedom rings, even the darkest alley, in the smallest city, from coast to coast, for every man and woman.

Francis Scott Key wrote 4 versus to our national anthem and although we usually only hear the first verse I would like to share all of them with you. It truly is a beautiful and inspired song!
(I know this is a day late but we were partying yesterday!)
My parents totally ditched us and went to Utah so Kyle and I and my sister and her husband invaded the parents house and had a BBQ and swim party with probably about 8 quarts of HOMEMADE ICE CREAM. '8 quarts!?!' you ask? yes, and it was delicous! and still is.
I must apologize for the lack of pictures! I can not find my camara plug and also I can not find the charger... LAME! So hopefully in the next few days I can put all of my pictures on here from the past while.
I hope everyone had a good 4th of July with lots of FREEDOM =)

No comments:

Post a Comment