July 10, 2011

Perler Beads?

I remeber one time when I was young I got a little kit of these bead things in a santa clause mug. I don't know what I made with them or if I even kept anything that I did make, but I have always remembered that they are the coolest toys out there. And I freakin' love to make them. Those 'bead things' are called Perler Beads.

Now approximately 15 years later, I am still in love those beads. And still spend countless hours making things with them.

Yesterday The Hubster had a brilliant idea to make little green army men! So I did! and I am very proud to say that I came up with these patterns all by myself!

AWESOME! The one below has a bazooka and a canteen. The Hubster and my brother say that it looks like a purse but my father - who was in the army for several years - said he knew that it was a canteen. I love that that man. =) This army man was originally going to be carrying the canteen but through some trial and error, I decided he needed two guns. Sweet. This guy has a radio and a gun. I think he's my favorite one!

Don't worry, I've got about 15 more animals that I'll be posting later on including my other new creations; a narwhal and a shark.

No comments:

Post a Comment