December 28, 2010

Dear so and so

Dear Arizona Department of Econimic Security,
Thank you for denying me and my husband some help paying for food. The only problem I have is that you denied me because you say that my houshold income exceeds your limit, but I told you how much I make back on November 18th and I just found out I was denied yesterday. But lets not forget that you also made me fax in a bunch of information two different times and THEN you teased me and made me think I was approved by sending me a card with my name on it for food stamps when you knew you were going to deny me. Then you asked me to come in to your office and get my finger scanned in. Gee thanks!!
I completely understand that there are a lot of people out there who really do need assistance which I fully support! But I need to support my husband through school and pay my bills and have some fun and occasionally eat. And I am working really hard! I go to work 40 hours a week and I am very good at my job! I think it would be really nice if the state would reward its dilligent residents.
-Kayla

Dear kid that stood in front of my car pretending I was going to run him over,
It wasn't funny. Next time, you might not be so lucky. You should be happy you are still alive.
-Kayla

Dear Sun,
I hate you. Please go away. Seriously. Maybe its time you purchased a calender. It's December.
-Kayla

Dear Kyle,
Thank you for being an AWESOME husband. I love coming home to see you everyday! You're the greatest. I LOVE YOU!
-Kayla

2 comments:

  1. Your DES experience is a little discouraging for us.

    We were hoping to qualify for WIC once William was born. 4 kids now and I'm the only one that works... and I don't make that much! But when I looked at the numbers on their flyer for weekly and monthly income... I make like $50 more than the monthly limit!

    I haven't gone into the office yet to see if they give any grace on the income or if that is a cut and dry figure.

    I'm gonna be freakin' ticked if we can't get assistance! I work my 40 hours or more... in service of the good residents of this state. If the state won't send some help back my way I'm not going to be happy about it.

    Is the welfare system in place to help good standing hardworking citizens that are having a hard time making ends meet... like you and me... or is it there just to help the lazy unfit parents support their 12 illegitimate kids because they can't keep their legs closed or buy a friggin' condom?!?
    Sorry... I've grown a little cynical in my short time as a cop... ;)

    I'm sorry you got denied... stoopid Arizona government.

    --Austin--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla - you should be able to request an appeal. You can appeal almost any government decision and they will re-evaluate the case again. You might have to go down to the office with all of your statements and bills and such but they should calculate in not only your income but all of your monthly expenses too like rent, utilities, car payments, groceries, etc.

    ReplyDelete