Friday night we had my works Christmas party. it was in Tempe at the Top of the Rock restaurant. SOOOO cool and pretty and nice! Sometimes I wish that I was high up on the business ladder so I could go to fancy places like this, but then I remember that if I frequently went to fancy places they would become boring and normal and I wouldn't appreciate it as much, so I changed my mind!
We got free valet parking! Which was sweet! We were supposed to tip the valet-ers (I don't know what to call those guys) but they didn't do a good enough job to be tipped. We were the 2nd people out there to hand them our card and yet, more than half of the people left before we did. I guess they labeled our tag wrong. So being poor married kids, we decided to save our $1 (that was all we had in cash) and save it for a rainy day. But if it hadn't taken so long, it would have been pretty nifty! Except I don't know if I would actually ever pay someone to do a job that I could do myself!
We got home around 10:30 and checked the mail. She's the Man came so we watched that! I don't get to stay up late much (ever) cause of work so if I can stay up past 9 than I like to!
Saturday morning we decided to go do some Christmas shopping (not that we actually have money) but we didn't want to be at home all day. So we went and deposited my bonus check and then went to the 99 cent store for fun... Then we stopped by my parents house to have lunch and to help cook gingerbread for our gingerbread houses we are going to decorate on Monday. we were there for like 4 hours and it was fun. I love hanging with my family!
Then we hit up Ross and In N Out. This is what we got at Ross:
Kyle has one with a cow in it. Giraffes are my favorite animals. This is the most legit mug I have ever owned. I love it more than anything! (except for a lot of things that I actually love more than this mug) But you get the point. It is awesome! and now I have a hot chocolate mug! Which me and Kyle have become addicted to hot chocolate these days. (not that its cold here at all)
So we got home and prepared our lesson for Sunday school class (we teach the 14 - 15 year olds) and while preparing we had a brilliant idea! So we had to go to WalMart. And I do love going to WalMart at 11:00 at night!
So as we were driving through the apartment parking lot we saw a police car parked off to the side with no cop in it. Kind of weird. But whatever! so we go to WalMart and then on our way back we saw the same cop car but parked behind it was a Ferensic van!! It said some thing like "ferensic crime scene investigation unit" (or something similar to that) So I was like freakin out of my mind!
I convinced Kyle to go on a 'walk' with me. I NEEDED to see more! He wasn't gonna go with me because he was afraid we would get stopped for questioning. I told him that we wouldn't and even if we did we would just say we are on a walk. How would they know that we had seen them parked. It's not like their lights were on or caution tape was up anywhere. So we finally went for the walk and saw the ferensic unit going up the stairs. We stopped to look and then we saw a BUNCH of flashes!! So they were taking pictures!
At this point in time I was totally freaking myself out! but its like a spider that you smash with a book; you know it's going to be disgusting but you have to look and make sure its really dead. So I made Kyle walk around again but we didn't see anything else exciting. So I made him go with me to walk in front of the apartment!! He was wimping out. But I don't have anything to hide! So I wasn't scared of getting stopped and questioned.
Anyway, it turned out to be super lame and I still don't know what happened. Then on top of that I dreamed that this girl stabbed her husband in the apartment and then I hung out with her the next day. Lame. And now I can't stop thinking about it and I'm scared. Double lame.
On a happier note our lesson today was about Temples. When I taught Sunbeams we made temples out of marshmallows and toothpicks... so that is what we had to go to WalMart for. I wish I had taken my camera to show you what they looked like. Our class loves us and I think word is spreading through the ward that we're super legit teachers. Nailed it.
Also I somehow ended up playing the flute part for the ward choir. I don't know how that happened but I'm secretly excited. The only problem is that I haven't played in about 3 years and I wasn't even that good to begin with... So it's been interesting but me and Kyle went to choir today and I also think that Kyle secretly enjoyed it even though he swears he didn't.
Lastly we had a family christmas party for my moms side. We ate first, then played a little present game - I won a giant Christmas coloring book and jumbo crayons! (which I just realized I forgot to grab... hmmm, bummer. Then we played a little Kareoke. Me and Kyle rocked the house first with a little Grandma Got Run Over by A Reindeer... we were awesome!
And now it's 9:30 and I'm gonna go to bed.
thanks for following my blog! It makes me feel like a star! =)
Giraffes are my favorite too- I LOVE that mug!
ReplyDelete