December 5, 2010

The Proposal

Everyone at work had been guessing on my engagment date for about 5 months now. When I told everyone that I was going to be in MO over Valentines Day weekend they all basically knew that it was going to happen then. I figured it would but I also kept the possibility in mind that he might not propose then. Plus I knew for a fact that he hates Valentines Day so I was pretty much basically positive that he wouldn't do it then. (and also I hoped he wouldn't cause V-day was on Sunday and then we couldn't have gone to dinner!!)
So I get on the plane to go to Missouri! I was very very excited to see Kyle because at this point I knew I was in love (we went down that path in December... I said it first! =) Go me!) And we had only seen each other 11 days total. Since the last time he left we had talked on the phone every single night! So he picked me up from the airport (Thursday night) and we went home! I was so excited to see everyone! and they were excited to see me! I am just going to tell the proposal part cause I honestly don't remember what happened Thursday or Friday.
So before I even got to Missouri - like 2 weeks before - we had talked about things we could do while I was there. I had just recently discovered how amazing Texas Road House is (I'd only been there once) and told Kyle we needed to go there as well. I had said I wanted to go see the St Louis Temple too and Kyle said there was a cool part of the Missouri river we could go walk by. So when he told me on Saturday morning that we were going to go do these three things it didn't even cross my mind that he might propose.
So we headed out!
We went to the river first - it was very pretty!! Plus there was snow! I love snow! We had to walk through a bunch of trees to get to a point that sort of ended and went into a small cliff like thing. It was cool. I think someday I will go back there... No, I know someday I will go back there!
Next we headed to the Temple. I had to go pee really bad and Kyle asked if we should go home. I figured there would be a place at the temple to go to the bathroom. I was wrong. But I just decided to hold it again...
So we get out and start walking to the temple. We just got to the sidewalk when Kyle said he forgot something. He told me to stay there so I did! He ran back to the car and came back. Then we started walking around. I threw snow on him and we had a mini snow ball fight! Then we kept walking. We ended up at the front side of the temple and sat on a bench. He told me to close my eyes. So I did! It still didn't really cross my mind he might propose - I think I was just so excited about the snow that I was a little distracted! Anyway I heard him tap his feet a few times but could still feel his presence next to me so I asked what he was doing. He said "just makin sure you aren't peeking!" He got up and came back and told me to open my eyes.
There I saw 3 roses! Then I was pretty sure he was going to propose but I still don't think the reality of it had actually hit me yet! He told me that one rose represented our past, since we've known each other so long. One represented the present, since we were dating. And the last represented our future, because he was going to ask me to marry him!
Then the bench was suuuper cold so we got up to walk around. As we were walking we talked about why we would get married in the temple, why it was important to us. Then we were at the back so he stopped and said that he thought it would be a good idea if we did get married. Then he got on one knee and asked if I would marry him. And I said yes!
Well then we left to go to Texas Road House. But I still had to pee and Kyle forgot the coupon for something at Texas Road House. So we decided to run home real quick and then go back. Well as it turns out, the night before V-Day is a bad night to go out to dinner and we should have stopped by Texas Road House and then went home and then gone back to eat because turns out there was a 2 hour wait! But we were determined to eat there! So when we stopped by home we walked in and everyone looked at us with these expressions that said "OMG I think you are engaged but I don't want to say anything in case he hasn't proposed yet!" So I held up my hand and the roses and they all jumped up and down and attacked me! I LOVED IT! I LOVE MY NEW FAMILY! And then Tracey came up and gave us a list of questions we needed to answer for planning the wedding. Kyle was like "MOM! we haven't even been engaged for an hour!" haha... gotta love moms! they are always on top of things!
So we went to Texas Road House and put in our reservations and then went and got taquitos from QT to hold us off and then went and hung out at WalMart for an hour. We basically just sat at the bottom of the bookshelf. haha it was great! I love WalMart! Well it was fabulous and I couldn't stop looking at my ring! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday was V-Day. We went to church and got to show off my ring. That was fun! I was very very glad to show off my sparkly diamonds!
I gave Kyle his present which was a really big key. I wrote him a poem that explained why I loved him and that this was the key to my heart. It is basically the coolest poem ever!! Some friends came over for dinner and that was awesome! And then we were all hanging out and somehow I got recruited to do the Hannah Montana dance to the Hoe Down Throw Down. Everyone thought it was really cool! =)
So the whole trip went VERY well and I think it was one of the best trips ever! I totally would go back to that weekend again! A million times over and over again!
I love love love my fiance (husband now).
So close to the end! I promise!
  • PAIN!
  • The Wedding!
  • ???

1 comment:

  1. such a cute story, girl! I have loved reading this! You need to tell ur sis to blog too!

    ReplyDelete