Devin, Kassidi and Mallory were all sent upstairs to get ready for bed (they had school Monday). Tracey and Grandma Hanes were sitting on a chair in the living room while me and Kyle were cuddling on the couch trying to watch Elf. I say trying because it was difficult to hear over their planning christmas presents for all the kids. So eventually we kicked them out of the family room and sent them to bed. Which left me and Kyle alone - finally!
We finished watching Elf and put in Monsters vs Aliens (a top ten favorite of mine). After that we put in Hot Rod... so at this point it was about 2:00 in the morning and everyone had been asleep since about 10:30.
So if you are wondering when the first time a boy ever kissed me was then it was this night during Hot Rod and it was on my cheek and I was halfway asleep. But I remember it and it was the best part of the whole trip! My first kiss(ish) =)
Anyway, after the movie fest was over we stayed up for another two hours talking and cuddling and he showed me pictures from his mission and told me more stories. And then we were talking some more and were about to go to bed when he asks if I want to go to the gym with him tomorrow... My response: "Uhhh, I'm on vacation. I don't work out at home, why would I work out now? besides I don't have tennis shoes." And he still tried to convince me and in the end I convinced him that there would be no working out on vacation.
So we went to sleep.
The next morning I woke up and got ready. By the time I had come downstairs Kyle was already gone to the gym, but had only been gone for about 10 minutes. So I put in Madagascar 2 so I could finish watching it and have something to keep my mind off Kyles absence. Well Kyle's mom has always made a Thankful Tree for the month of November. Basically she cuts out a tree and then TONS of leaves from paper. Then everyday you are supposed to put a leaf on the tree with something on it that you are thankful for. Even if you are a guest in the house or just over to hang out for a few hours you put a leaf on the tree. So she enlisted my help to cut out leaves.
Now, as you woman know we are very good multi-taskers. I can sit on the floor, watch Madagascar 2, cut out paper leaves, not think of Kyle and carry on a conversation with everyone around me. Thats simple! But my dear father decided that I needed to turn off the T.V. and sit at the table to cut out leaves while we planned what we were going to do for Trev's birthday. So reluctantly I turned off my distraction device and went to the table to cut leaves and make a plan.
The Birthday Boy!
At this point in time it had been about an hour and half since Kyle had left. And we had just finished making our plans which included bowling, arcade games and the mini go cart track racing. My dad kept trying to get us all ready to go but I was freaking out becasue Kyle still hadn't come home! I mean really, how long does it take to work out? I can be done in 30 minutes! He had been gone an hour and a half now and we were trying to get ready to leave! I was freaking out inside! I thought for sure we weren't going to wait for and then I would have to decide between him (without seeming desperate) and Trevor, the birthday boy! But didn't want to seem desperate or needy so I just kept my mouth shut...Well he finally got home about 15 minutes later so he was gone for a total of about 2 hours... I later found out that he was super nervous to talk to me and so he swam a little, he lifted weights, he ran a little, lifted a few more weights ya know just taking his time so he didn't have to talk to me in front of his family cause it made him nervous. I also found out later that I was the first girlfriend he ever 'brought home' cause he knew his family would make fun of him and embarrass him in front of a girl so that probably didn't help his nerves either... anyway, he got home and got ready and then we went bowling then to the arcade.



Oh side note! I forgot to mention that his parents kept pulling me aside and asking if I was having a good time (which I was) because they felt like he was ignoring me. I told them that it was only when they were around that he ignored me...
I could go into more details about this day but basically we were gone from 1:00 to 5:00 and Kyle said approximately 15 words to me the whole day... which was super weird because the night before had been full of conversation! I basically kept thinking that he didn't like me anymore cause I didn't want to go to the gym with him and I figured that our relationship was over, if you can even call it a relationship! =)
Ok, so my family can attest to this: I am a seat belt stickler. One of my biggest fears is getting in a car accident and I will be as annoying as possible until you put on your seatbelt. So we get in the car to go home and me and Kyle got in the back. I got in first and when he got in he laid down and put his head on my leg - Literally the first acknowledgement that I was a cute girl that he like ALL DAY! But in order to be laying down he couldn't have a seat belt on so I had this inner argument for about 10 minutes whether I should make him sit up and buckle up or not. In the end I decided that I needed him to stay there for my own sanity as well as his.
.........Geeze this story is WAY longer than it seemed it would be!...........
So that night was FHE. Tracey gave the lesson on thankfulness and then we all got a leaf or more and wrote something on them - I had four leaves and a plan! - Then we went around and said what we were thankful for. Mine went something like this:
1. My parents (in general I am thankful for them but they and I both knew it was for taking me to MO and supporting me)
2. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
3. I don't remember...
4. Kyle
So everyone was like "Awwww!! how sweet!" And Kyle told me later that he felt bad that he hadn't thought of doing that. I told him it was OK, I am just smarter than him! (j/k!) Then afterwards we all went to Fritz's and hung out for a while then went to bed...
So Tuesday was our last day there and basically me and Kyle just went looking for some new clothes for him and small presents for my siblings... It was nice just to spend the day with him hanging out! We got back to the house about 40 minutes before everyone else and then once they got home we had 15 minutes left until we had to leave.
My mom had yet to pull out her camara and do a photo shoot which I thought I was going to get away with... but alas they remembered in the nick of time! So we spent the last 15 minutes taking lots of pictures...
Then we drove to the airport and we were unloading our stuff and he kissed me right in front of everyone! I was super embarrassed but its OK cause it made our parents happy becuase it was proof that we really did have a good time and my parents knew I was basically in love at that point... although I did not...
Wow... I'm so sorry this is getting longer and longer.... and I've even left out details! But remember I am not only writing this down for others to read, I want to have it written down somehwere too so I am trying to get as much down as I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment