February 11, 2011

Following Dumbledore's Footsteps

I'd been having Blog-writers block. On one hand, my life is just super boring. On the other, I just don't want my Blog to be a diary of things I do each day. I want to document important or special memories but I really want what I say to have meaning behind it
So I've been doing a lot of thinking about what is important in my life. What it is that makes my life worth living, what makes me go to work day after day after day. I realized that I have so many thoughts and ideas and feelings that I want to share, discuss or get out of my system just for my own sanity.
I think I will compare my Blog to Dumbledore's cauldren of memories. Sometimes your brain just gets so full of stuff that you need somewhere to put it:
"I sometimes find, and I'm sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind... at these times... I use the Pensieve. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure." ~ Albus Dumbledore
I've been stalking a lot of people's Blogs, those I know and those I don't know. I've come to the conclusion that there are 4 kinds of Blogs.
  1. Fashion Blogs
  2. Diary/Journal Blogs
  3. Sell your craft Blogs
  4. Inspirational Blogs
  5. Random Everything Blogs
I guess I decided on a 5th Blog, which simply includes them all. So I had to decide which one I wanted to be. I don't have a sense of fashion (today I wore a dark blue socks with yellow polka dots with my pink and black speedo flip flops. I had a purple undershirt on with my black t-shirt that had light turquoise writing on it. I mean, I think I have style, I just don't think people want me to Blog about it). Anyway, I already decided not to make this a diary. I do have a craft Blog, but I'm not trying to sell them, I just wanted to share them (http://www.bonvoyagecards.blogspot.com/). So that leaves Inspirational and Random. I think my Blog fits in one of those catagories, in both of those catagories.
So anyway, I will hereforth "siphon the excess thoughts of [my] mind" into my online pensieve.

1 comment:

  1. I like it! And I'm excited to read of the thoughts that traverse through that great mind of yours.

    ReplyDelete