"...and hell shall rage against thee... And although their influence shall cast thee into trouble, and into bars and walls, thou shalt be had in honor; and thy voice shall be more terrible in the midst's of thine enemies than the fierce lion, because of thy righteousness; and thy God shall stand by thee foerever and ever. If thou art called to pass through tribulation... If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee... and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb... if fierce winds become thine enemy... and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou... that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all... Therefore, hold on thy way for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -Doctrine and Covenants section 122 verses 1-9
Something reminded me of this scripture a couple weeks ago and it keeps popping up in my mind. I just felt the need to share it today. I know that my Savior will always be there for me in times of trouble and heartache, and that he loves me no matter what my flaws are. I am grateful for his watchful eye and perfect love for us all!
We got a letter in the mail earlier this week from Kyle's sister, Mallory and the day before that we got a Valentine from Devin, his youngest brother. I know that Kyle misses his family and it always makes me sad (and grateful) that he gave up his MO life to move all the way out here, just because of me.
I often think of the fact that I never had to go through the whole "meet the family" process with Kyle cause I've known them all for forever, and because I've known them so long I also miss them a lot
And although my family only lives 20 minutes away, I miss them too! I miss having them just around the corner of my room when I needed them!
So the next 12 posts will be about my family. I will be going in order of age, youngest to oldest.
Devin
Aubree
Kassidi
Jereme
Mallory
Colin
Trevor
(Kayla)
Angela
Greg
Kyle
Gerard and Tracey
Sandra and Jim (my parents)
Just so you know, Tracey and Gerard are definitely older than me and Dad... just so you know!!
ReplyDeletehaha I know! I just put you guys last cause you are the most important so I wanted that to be fresh in everyones minds! but then when I actually started writing them all, I actually have you guys next, I'm still working on typing it out though... haven't finshed it yet =)
ReplyDelete