September 19, 2011

Dead, 24 hours a day.

I want to have or go to a really awesome halloween party.
Me and Kyle have good costumes and so basically we need somewhere to wear them to.
They are not complete so I can't tell you what they are but I will for sure post pictures when the time has come!
Also, if anyone decides to throw a party let me know! I will totally come. Or help to throw it. I would have one at my place but me and Kyle barely fit in here so I'm not so sure inviting anyone else over for a party would really work...
Next item of business.
I ran a mile and a half today!
And it felt soooo good!
I was very proud of myself!
I think I deserve a few gold stars...
Thats better...

Working out is one of the hardest things for me to do.
I just have never been the type to consistently work out. but I have been doing really good the past couple of months.
For a while me and the Hubster went swimming a lot but the last week I've been running again and it is fantastic!
(I'm going to steal some of these next thoughts from two wonderful ladies who gave a fireside last night!)
Not that anyone asked for my advice but my advice to everyone is to first make a decision.
We have to realize that our bodies are special! Our Father in Heaven didn't just give us any old body! He gave us the bodies we have for a reason.
There is something that He needs you to learn and it is only in that body you're sitting in right now that you can learn it!
So decide right now that you want to take care of this wonderful gift you've been given!
Second, act on the decision!
Wether you do 5 sit ups or walk around the block one time or run 5 miles and then do 50 push ups, it doesn't matter! 
Decide now to do something and then do it!
And that, my friends, is it! 2 simple steps!
I know it can be difficult and makes your muscles ache and you can't go very far cause you're just not as good as so and so and you need your sleep and blah blah blah!
But I've found that all of the other things I need to do each day are easier because I have more energy and I feel better about myself!
The thing is that you don't have to try to be 'skinny' you have to try to be healthy. Don't work out to be like 'her' work out to be your best self! You have a unique body and no matter what you do it will never look like 'hers'
But you've got to do something!
I dare you to give it a try!!!!
For the next week do ANYTHING for 15 minutes.
You'll be surprised at how much you can do if you tell yourself you can!
And even if you only feel a little teeny tiny bit better about yourself, isn't that better than feeling the way you did before?



1 comment:

  1. Dear Kayla,

    We should plan a halloween party. Me, you, and Tjanna... It would be super fun! I really want to go to / plan a halloween party too...

    Well, I'm off to feed your fish and then go to bed.

    Love, ang

    ReplyDelete