September 3, 2011

Stargazing Saturday: I Want One.

I was babysitting the other day (which I do every day, Monday - Friday), twins, age four. A boy (we'll call him Boy) and a girl (we'll call her Girl).
I am always surprised at how smart and observant they are...
The other day they were fighting over their blocks. Boy had more blocks than Girl. Which of course is not fair and had to come close to causing World War III. Which was fine... they are usually pretty good kids and the fights end quickly, especially with my super awesome babysitting skills.

Girl: "But HE has more than I do!"
Boy: "But I need more because my tower is BIGGER!"
Me: "Well guys we can share them!"
Boy: "But mine is taller and has more blocks than Girls!"
(I knew just what to say to teach them while still keeping the war from starting)
Me: "But guys, Sharing is Caring!"
(little did I realize how smart they are)
Girl (in a matter-of-fact tone): "No its not. It just rhymes."

And there you have it. Everything you ever thought you knew is wrong. Turns out adults don't know anything, except for how to rhyme.
Lesson for me? Don't try to be smarter than a 4 year old. You'll end up looking like an idiot adult who just rhymes things.
Also, I want a baby.

Next (semi) funny story
We were at WalMart tonight just getting a few things...
(Saturday is a special day its the day we get ready for Sunday)...
We're walking down an isle when all of the sudden we hear "Marco!"
So ignoring all adult behaviors and answering to my inner child I yelled "Polo!"
And it was awesome!
Unfortunately we saw the teenagers a few minutes later acting like, well... teenagers... but really immature ones. So it made it less cool.
Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! (: This is the strangest thing. Todd and I were TOTALLY at Walmart Last night (Sat) and there were IN FACT (in California mind you) teens yelling Marco... New trend? Todd said to me, "I REALLY want to yell Polo."... He refrained, but I think it would have been awesome if he had! LOL! It is an imperative!

    :p

    ReplyDelete