Do you want to make some cute book marks???
Here's what you gotta do!
1. Steal Take paint sample cards from WalMart, Lowes, Home Depot, Target, Paint store, etc.
Get all different colors!
2. Pick out two colors that you like that compliment each other. (or two of the same strip)
3. Line up the two pieces together and punch a hole in the top of them both in the same spot.
(I am poor and had to pretend like these were hole punchers...)
Pathetic? Ya. But I mainly ended up using a corn holder and the hole in my table to make a hole.
Anyway...
4. Glue the two colors together
Also, as a side note, I ended up cutting off a couple of the lighter colors just because it was so long and they were pretty light.
5. Pick out how you are going to decorate. I chose stamps!
6. DECORATE!
Decorate the other side
7. String your ribbon of choice through the hole.
I found that if I melted the end with a lighter before stringing it, then it was easier to get through
8. Add a washer on either side of the bookmark.
a. I probably should have picked a smaller washer
b. you can glue them down if you'd like. I didn't because it was messy and I am impatient.
9. Tie the ribbon together
10. Revel in the beauty of your craftiness!
I made this one for Kyle...
If you can't read the top it says "I think you are..."
Then each one says cool, sweet, cheesy, and hot
Here are some others that I made...
One side
(plain) Other side
One side
Other side
One side
Other side
This is actually the first one I made...
I got these from WalMart and they had these fun cards! They are pretty cute actually...
Thanks again to Pinterest!
And to this person =)
No comments:
Post a Comment